Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Day in Pictures

First of all our two Sherpa's of the day........ Marit and Joanna!



My bike is all ready........



Race morning, myself and Ashley, I am encouraging her to finish choking down her oatmeal.....



Here we are getting ready for the swim!




I tried to pay Ashley $100 to wear and eye patch and run up to Spencer Smith... and jump around like an obsessed fan... cuz she does have her Planet X Wheels!. but she looked at me and said.... Hell NO!




Here is my wave of the swim! Look close, you will me swimming with JAWS!




Skank-o-meter diarrhea Ashley Long finishing the Gulf Coast 1/2 Ironman!


2 comments:

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Holy waves! Yeah, I would have crapped myself. Congrats on the race! I bet you loved the swim!

Amy Beth Kloner said...

My favorite part of the day: Riding up behind you, reading your butt, and screaming: "ARE YOU MARY EGGERS?!! MARY! IT'S AMY FROM ATLANTA! GREAT TO MEET YOU FINALLY!"
Not many people would understand meeting/making new friends on the bike leg of a half ironman. What a blast. Great to meet you. You were so strong out there today. Congratulations again. Keep in touch! Amy