Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Litte Bitta Boom Boom!

This is what happens when you are in Berlin and waiting for the train back to Hamburg but have a little time on your hands....... you become even stupider!

Did you hear me exhale last night at 4:48? You might have, the rest of Rochester sure did. My professor sat me down outside of the classroom and commended me on a "Beautiful organized assessment." See, this was not an ordinary exam, it was part of my assessment class for my Masters, of which I am not sure I am still desiring to pursue anymore! HA HA!

As part of this class I had to complete a head to toe assessment on a patient. That patient was my husband and wow, was he a trooper. Nearly every night he sat and let me practice on him. Looking in his ears, palpating his liver and his spleen. So the exam involved me, my professor and Curt. Me assessing Curt. WHEW. ALL DONE!

So it felt like we were a team and quite honestly there isn't anyone else I would want to be on my team.

And that's the way I feel about my entire life to be honest. I can't imagine someone else being on this team... team Eggers..... except for Curt. For sport, for life, for everything.

So thanks Curt, not just for being my patient ;-).

And now I get to dream! I get to focus, I get to really embrace that in 2 days Marit and Ashley and I will be in Panama City Beach. We have so much to celebrate. I would like to declare this trip a celebration of life.

When my feet hit the ocean I am going to feel complete. When I see Marit and Ashley I am going to feel such joy. When Marit whips out her french press I am going to feel ecstatic!

So here we go my friends....... 48 hours until take off. So much to be done, so much fun to be had!


4 comments:

Marit C-L said...

And I can't wait! For the record - I HEARD you exhale.... :) CONGRATULATIONS on a job very well done.

In addition to the French Press, I'm going to bring some potter mugs as well. We might as do it right, right??? :) (Nothing like having great coffee and then styrofoam mugs. Yuck!)

wiley said...

Congrats on your assessment. Curt's a lucky man and your a lucky woman to find such a perfect life partner. Had a broken tooth pulled, so out of comission for a day or so. No yoga allowed today for me. Just wanted to wish you safe travels and good luck racing. Kick some ass WarriorWoman!!!!!

Cy said...

Sounds like a huge celebration is in order! Congrats. I love the Team Eggers comment. I feel the same way with my husband and can sense the bliss in those words!! Have fun this weekend!

kodiacbear said...

we have it pretty good, huh. If only everyone could enjoy such bliss!!