Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday is for Foucs


Whew..... we've had the blowout day, the reunion day.... and yes it is true...... I was standing in front of the hotel waiting for Marit, in not much of anything before I realized Panama City Beach thought I was the new Hooters girl! Don't worry! Don't worry, we needed that day. The day to catch up, to laugh, to just get our heads onto the beach.

Today is a different day. Friday is for focus. We are here for a reason and that reason is to have a boatload of fun while racing the Gulf Coast 1/2 Ironman. Yeah...... that's the ticket.

But for the record I don't' think Ashley smelled yesterday. But I am nice like that.

This morning as Marit and I are sitting on the balcony we've got white caps below. The waves make me happy, they make other swimmers nervous. There is a lot and a little to do today. We'll get the workouts done early.... register..... clean bikes...... and rest.

Marit brought a French Press and actual coffee mugs, so I am in heaven. Waves and coffee!

Our balcony is the perfect place to rest. Outside, in front of the ocean and out of the sun. Saturday will be about sun.

I can't wait to get on that course. Whatever it may bring me. My main theme for this race is pacing pacing pacing. Coach set specific parameters for me for the bike and for the run and I shall stick to those. My typical fly on the bike die on the run days are over. I no longer wish to hear"Nice bike split Mary!"

To the goals I shall stick, including the ones for today. Feet up, not much sun, but we said nothing about laughing. I believe I have clearance to laugh my damn ass off!
The only thing that could make this better...... Jen, Liz and Leslie. We miss you!


1 comment:

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Good luck to you and Ashley! Looks like the 3 of you are having a BLAST! The picture of the Gulf scared me to death :-( Hope the weather is perfect on race day!