Monday, May 26, 2008

We Are Home!

Our annual Weekend at Placid Training Camp was a success.... full report and pictures to come but here are the highlights:

* everyone did GREAT
* I am so proud of Nathalie.... she changed her first tubular!

* Sarah tried to convince me that a marathon between 2 Ironmans was a great idea..... but did not succeed

* Kim was wishing she stayed at the Mariott and dressed for winter all weekend. She even ate with her gloves on.

* A new fuzzy cycling jersey mid ride is GOLD

* so is a Snickers Bar. And then another.

* Seeing the wizard, being pulled into the box of hurt and then the seven corners of hell complete with pitt bull, pickup truck and semi truck is my sick way of having fun.

* Bill might believe that I am now actually a screen and the wind blows through me.

* Nathalie is the best roommate EVER.

* Marit I got a French Press for you and I LOVE IT.

* Ed might be the new definition of HTFU. Complete with Giants Cap.

* Travis and Joey and uniquely talented at Boche Ball

* Ben and Jerry's..... enough said.

* I trained 27.55 hours this week and the .55 is the key.

* I ate Bill's extra meatballs, Chris' leftover bacon, Nathalie's Toast and a paper napkin.

* This team has an addiction and it is called Sarbucks.

*Kevin Walter will travel to the ends of the earth if it entails a Starbucks.

* Kevin Walter can also change three flats and still negative split the bike

* Ellie Walter was the smart one this weekend, after a day at the spa she looked much better than I did. But she looks better than I do on a dialy basis.

* Dennis gave up his woobie and I think he's secretly dieting.

*Amy Mo's Sherpa called us the freak show and wondered which was worse.... being a drug addict or a triathlete?

* He threatened to wake us up at 4:30am and realized we'd already be awake.

* Amy N. is a Nero psychologist sent here by my husband and I am sure of it. Her cover is that she's in law school.

* Sarah Nathalie and I can fit into a 2 seater car.

* My car is now called the locker room.

It was a great weekend. Much more to come!

2 comments:

Cy said...

Love the recap. Sounds like an amazing training weekend. I would love to venture out to LP one of these years. It looks simply beautiful.

Nice work finding the Wizard!

rr said...

Holy HUGE week Mary!! Congrats on an awesome training camp, to you and all your friends! Sounds like a blast.