Tuesday, April 21, 2009

dog update

My bike should be home from N'Orleans today. I shipped it a month ago. A MONTH. With that said, the service of having the bike ready for me at pick up and handed off after the race, in the particular situation that I was in..... quick travel...... was worth it. If I do N'Orleans in 2010 I will plan a longer trip and fly with my bike. I love my P2K, it's got 650 wheels and truth be told (I am 5'11") I felt like 650s and I were a match made in HEAVEN.

Good thing testing doesn't start this week.

I have had an answer to the coffee situation.... and we are just not going to talk about it this week. Just understand if you see me order 2 Venti Pike Place's instead of one. We will talk about it later.

It has been brought to my attention that I have not posted any Cocoa the dog updates. Today I will take a new dog picture.

Having a dog has been great. She's almost six months now and it's hard to remember she's still a puppy, she's BIG! And she's the most perfect trail running partner there has ever been. We don't run long with her, an hour tops, and never 2 days in a row. Each day we hike with her. And she swims like a fish. The prefect triathlon dog!

Her temperament is sweet, and of course she's high energy (she's a LAB). Her and Luc can have wrestling matches all day long. She knows how to sit and she knows how to lay and she comes when she is called (so far).
She's absolutley my husband's dog. She's his little girl.

Soon she starts dog school (we know it's really for owners) and gets fixed. :-(

So nothing too exciting. I am thrilled she doesn't need to wear a cone (yet) and she doesn't poop in the house anymore. Thanks to my friend Jen H. who taught me the 'hang a bell by the door trick'. Yes, a jingle bell hangs from the doorknob and she hits it with her nose when she wants to go outside.

More than anything she's turned us all into hikers. I knew she would. Luc can navigate anything with a compass..... I can't navigate jack s*** with a compass..... and Luc's got a sense of direction that might rival a deer's. We'll be camping all summer long on our various vacation trips and hiking our little brains out.

So..... the dog's great!

No comments: