Friday, April 3, 2009

NEATO

This place is neat. N-E-A-T-O.

My trip here was not.

Strip searched at security, dog S*** on the floor at the gate, roller coaster ride to Atlanta, barfing in the Atlanta Airport, better flight to NO, almost puked in the shuttle to the hotel.

When I wanted to lie down, room not ready. I picked a cool hotel though.

So I took a walk, found some water and Motrin and within an hour I was me again. The streets are filled with people. A jazz band on every corner. Cafes with open windows. And sunshine. Smiling folks everywhere.

Simply put, this place has a lot of soul, history, culture and character. I am so glad I cam here.

Oh my GOSH I am here to race! So much to do tomorrow. Sunday the big victory is going to be me making my flight.

But first we have a race to race. And smiles to smile. 70.3 miles of opportunity, privilege and possibility!

I am seeing why this is called the Big Easy!

No comments: