Tuesday, July 21, 2009

getting to work

Before I begin I have to send out a massive THANK YOU to all of the folks from the Syracuse area who have sent the kindest emails over the past 2 days! I have gotten 46 emails and I apologize for not getting back to you all yet! Please know that I KNOW the psycho swimmer from Sunday does not represent the Syracuse people, that was the main theme of almost every email! It did not affect my race whatsoever, you have to just let that kind of evil go..... because that will be taken care of .... you know.... karma! When I think of Syracuse, I think of Julie Rosa. NOW THERE.... is one heck of a CLASS ACT. She beautifully represents what you are all about!

I have to wonder though, when sooooooo many people from your community feel the need to apologize for your behavior..... what does that say about you and your reputation?

Good luck with that!

It was back to work for me this week, and it's been an exciting week already. This Sunday is Ironman Lake Placid where we are bringing yet another team! Did I mention that at the Musselman every single athlete earned themselves a PR? I'm so proud! I will get the homepage updated soon so you can check it out!

I will be heading to Placid tomorrow, and setting up camp there for the next 6 days. I'm back in training and we are now.... getting to work. My first 3 months of working under Jesse and QT2 yielded exactly the race he predicted it would. It was an exercise in pacing and nutrition and I nailed it. It's a good sign of things to come. Soon, I get to unleash. I get to race my bike like I always have. Form my heart and from my soul.

We've got specific work over the next 12 weeks heading towards the World Championships. In the pool, on the bike, and on the run. I am enjoying my last few easy swims, that's for sure.

I am so excited I could burst!

As I swam in a picture perfect lake this morning I had tears in my eyes. I am on the comeback trail. I see where this 2009 and 2010 plan is heading. I am seeing it take shape. Last night even Curt was fired up. How on earth did I get so damn lucky?

Perhaps it is because I have paid my dues, I have paid some pretty high dues in my life. If you know me, then you know what those dues have been. I thank you for all of the love that got me through so much last year. Thank you for the support and the cheers and the cheers this Sunday that said "Welcome back!"

We are not there yet but we are on our way.

Thank you so very much to all of you! I am blown away by the kindness of everyone!

And I will be reporting from Placid!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Congratulations on nailing YOUR Musselman! BTW, I'm SO glad that you exist Mary Eggers. You're enthusiasm and positive thinking is so catching! :) (Sorry, I know that's UBER corny!)