Saturday, October 4, 2008

day three...... yippeeeee!

Here is Kim and I, and in the back Ken, Kitima and Kevin on the coolest shuttle ride EVER!

"You can not allow what you can't do to interfere with what you can do."
John Woodward.

I could sum up today in three words. Austin is AWESOME. Okay, many places I travel to I think are awesome. I used to not travel at all not too long ago. Fear of flying completely ruled me. I got over that fear by putting myself into the very places I was terrified of, alone. Where was that? On an airplane.

As I began to enjoy the friendly skies I realize how much of the world I had limited myself to. Not anymore.

Had I not DNF'd Ironman Lake Placid I would not be in Austin right now. I would not have beaten Bree Wee at a wheatgrass shot contest (she won the right to wear the swim helmet tomorrow), and I wouldn't be spending this time with five awesome people.

I would not have a bit of sunburn, own a Texas bathing suit, have touched Lance Armstrong's bike and I would not have ridden the wild shuttle ride at Austin Java.

Not only am I grateful, I am celebrating. Like Bree reminded me, Sunday is about celebrating he things I love. For the better part of tomorrow morning I get to swim and bike and run without any pressure, without any restraints. I will hold my arms open and I will smile.
This is my row.... row M..... my bike is 15 bikes in......

I will give as many high fives as I possibly can.

This evening we checked in the bikes. The transition area is beautiful. The water is warm, but wetsuit legal. It's just too warm though, I am wearing the Blue Seventy Point zero3. It's the coolest thing I have ever swam in. Buoyant but light.

The run looks to be wonderful. Good trails and shade. The bike looks to be wonderfully rolling hills through beautiful countryside.

My wave starts at 7:56. All my buddies start before me so I will be hunting them down. That way when I get to the run I will be even more motivated to stay on pace.


Ken and Kim mixing nurition.......

My bike is all ready!

Thank you all for all of the wonderful words and wishes. Tomorrow will be about celebration, friendship and Texas. We are all ready, hydrates, rested and excited. More from the other side!

4 comments:

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) said...

Have a good race! I wish I could watch this one on the Internet!

Damie said...

you are racing right now...I hope you are doing wonderfully!!!!!!:) thinking of you and sending good vibes-
Damie

kerri said...

SOO glad you are racing and sounds like you are ready to have a blast. Can't wait to hear more. HAPPY RACING.

Jennifer Cunnane said...

I can't wait to see how your race goes! What a celebration for you after the yucky accident at Lake Placid. Please give us a long race report with photos in tow - have a great day out there!