Tuesday, October 28, 2008

love this life

As I sit here at Train-This Headquarters and look out the window I see the word DISMAL. Wind blowing, the threat of snow. Beautifully colored leaves but a grey grey sky. Dismal. In 2 days I will be on the beach.


With this guy....

And this view....

And this guy too.....


In moments like this I can feel it brewing. So much to get done between now and then. But when we feel the jerk of the plane as we go from non motion to speeding down the runway I will get to leave everything behind me.

Everything behind me? That sounds like I have some impossible life. I don't. I have a very blessed life with wonderful people who I have amazing connections with. Through work, through play, through the blogosphere.

On Friday Luc and I will be trick or treating in Panama City Beach. On Friday I will take Danni swimming in the ocean. She's never swam in the ocean!!!! I have a vision of fear and excitement for her. It will be awesome.
On Saturday by the time Curt hits the run we will be hanging with the Memphis girls at mile one of the run. I might wear my own race number because it will be easier for you to see me than for me to see you. In any case I will be wearing red and pink flowered board shorts and a black top. Maybe everyday I will wear that. On the beach I will be dressed as Texas. My name is on my butt, don't be shy.
On race day I will be cheering. And I will be holding my breath all day long for every single one of you. I know how it feels.
The week where too much time has become too little time. The week where waiting becomes the norm. Waiting in airports. Waiting in line. Waiting for the sound of the cannon.
You've put a lot into November 1st. You've dreamt about it and you have worried about it. Feel the energy that you feel right now and soak it up. Let it course through you because energy is life. Life is what you have, and this is what will carry you all day long.
Get your feet up. Get your shine on everyone..... because Saturday is your day to shine!

8 comments:

Trigirlpink said...

Thanks for the informative V-Dot post and have a great trip to sunny warm Fla. It's icky and grey here in New England too. Blah :-(

TriGirl Kate O said...

THANK YOU! Will you say some of those things to me on Friday? See you in sunny Florida.

Pedergraham said...

Mary:
Have a great trip to Florida.

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Oh my gosh! Have so much fun - swimming in the ocean, hanging out with friends and family! I have many memories there that go along with the occasional high school spring break. Unfortunately, in those days working out only entailed eye exercises as my friends and I scoped for guys!

Jennifer Harrison said...

Mary! Have a great vacation and good luck to Curt!! JenH.

wiley said...

This yogi will miss you but wishes all of you a wonderful trip. Sending my best karma your hubbys way! Safe travels!!!!Namaste!!!

Joy said...

Hey Mary! I hope to meet ya this weekend, but I will be out racing BY the beer stop this year. :) Good luck to your husband!

Missy said...

I am heading to FL next week and definitely looking forward to some warm toes for a while! Good Luck to your husband at IMFL! And good luck to you as sherpa!