Tuesday, October 21, 2008

help...... and so great!

One of my favorite off-season habits is looking for new blogs to add to my blog roll. I have found a most amazing one and here is a quote that encapsulates just about everything so many of us feel when we get into the water. Now my problem is...... I can't find the blog!

HELP!

This is a great piece and is perhaps the most inspiring blog I have ever read. Please help me find him again!

********************************

"Quick: when was the last time you high-fived your Grandpa? Your mother? Your wife?


Not a hug, not an encouraging squeeze. A high-five. Containing a language all its own.


When bobbing around the water, waiting for the world to turn, with the music blaring and the crowds gathering and the mass of swimcaps all around - we are each of us a tiny universe. With a story, a purpose.


We each of us have somebody up there who's breath won't return until they see us safely out of the water. We each answer to something other than ourselves in answering why we are here. It is never a simple thing. And when you toe that line, in the instant before you step into the water to Take Your Mark, you are their ambassador. You represent everybody who believed, or doubted. Who showed up because of, or in spite of. You cross for everybody who hasn't crossed yet, who will one day, and who never would. And you can either pull that weight, or let it pull you.


Because if you know not suffering, or anger, or defeat; if you've never felt like you are more than who you are; if you've never asked yourself what you are truly made of - what absolutes live inside you, and resolved to discover what...well then, of course you'd never be interested in the first place.


It is a thing we all have in common out there - a determination, a requirement, to be Who We Are Instead.Yes, it is. It is that big of a deal. It is that hard. It really is. That's sort of the point.The rest are just details. The rest figures itself out. There's never a "good time". It's never going to ideally suit your universe.


You'll never think to yourself, "Geez, you know what I'm in the mood for? Madness."


It will always be hard, you will always have to work to find the balance, it will never make sense to everybody, often not even yourself. And that, too, is part of the journey, and part of the forging. If you have to talk yourself into it, then wait until your time comes. Until you're drawn in. Until the current takes you. But if you're just making excuses...well then. Life is short. Get in already."

**********************************************************

So so so well said.

7 comments:

Go Mom Go said...

What a wonderful post. I will search around too and let you know if I can find that blog. Wow!

Have a great trip and best wishes to Curt!

Peace

Laura said...

Mary, I'm not sure how you do it but your posts always say exactly what I need to hear. Freaky exactly. Thanks for putting these things out there in the world. These positives are appreciated more than you know!

Trigirlpink said...

That's a great post.

shoot.. I hate that, when you can't find a blog you fell on and can't re-find it.

I'm really back over here today to say... I love your little egg guy profile pic!!! :-)

kerri said...

Thanks, I love that. Perfect timing.

Danni said...

You know? I read that too, and I can't remember where... I wish I did

kodiacbear said...

Hey Mary, I have the same post--his link is on my post--it's actually what got me back!

kodiacbear said...

http://becomingironman.blogspot.com/2008/06/this-is-why.html Here it is--enjoy!