Sunday, October 5, 2008

quick report


Like my tan lines????

Four weeks ago if you told me that in Texas I would have placed 8th in my age group with a 5:17 I would have been pissed off. Three weeks ago if you had told me that I wouldn't believe you. I would have thought slower.

Today I am ecstatic with a 5:17 and an 8th place. Guess what.... I got a Clearwater 20009 Spot. 2009!

My swim was good, but short.... 25

Bike about 2:40 no one passed me (except men) and I was very in control.

Run about 2:00 I maintained my E pace. I had pain in the beginning of the run. It started to get really bad at mile 8...... and then I turned a corner..... and it lessened to the point where I feel no pain right now. Three weeks of no running definitely murdered my race.

But not too long ago I was having trouble walking. If you don't' believe that..... ask my husband who has been my therapist for the past three weeks.

My team did great! This was Kim and Steve's first 1/2 Ironman. Ken crashed but saved it. Kevin did great and Ja Boon looked great as well!

I am so happy. I made it through a very difficult year. So much has happened and I am sill standing after all I've been through. Some stuff you know, some you don't. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that I got my finish line.

Detailed report tomorrow.

Here are a few pictures:

Kim in the med tent!


Kevin and I race morning.....................

22 comments:

Damie said...

can't wait for the report. I admire you! the numbers aren't important every time. We have to race for other reasons too! glad you did so well, and 2 hours with no running is fantastic!!!!

rr said...

Well done, Mary!!!! 2009?? I thought it was for this year?

You rock. So glad you were able to come back from such hardship this season and accomplish your goals in the end.. you are inspiring. I want to be just like you (next weekend :))

Danni said...

Congrats Mary!!!
Way to overcome! And awesome about the clearwater spot!!! You deserve every bit of it!

Missy said...

Wow! Congratulations on getting a Clearwater spot and 8th in your age group in such a huge race! I know you can run faster but to me your entire race performance was just awesome!
Well Done!

Trigirlpink said...

Awesome! So glad your back didn't make too much of a issue with your day!!!
Yippeee. CELEBRATE...but not with marshmellow creme pumpkins? heehee

wiley said...

Hot Diggity Dog! Well done, Warrior Woman! Namaste!!!

Marit C-L said...

Yeah Mary YEA!!! So HAPPY for you - I knew how much you wanted this one. Was sending you good vibes all day, thinking about you, and how incredible you truly are! Hooray!

Pedergraham said...

Congrats Mary! Hope that you continue to heal up and congratulations on pushing through to finish your season off on a high note!

Go Mom Go said...

Looking forward to hearing about the race!
Congratulations!

TriGirl Kate O said...

Oh, so happy for you! 8th is amazing given all you've had to overcome this year. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

You ROCK, Miss Mary!!!

Donna

PJ said...

Awesome! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear the full RR version!

Ashley said...

Way to go Sunshine!!! Wanna plan Gulf Coast 2009? Love the smiles.

Laura said...

Congrats Mary! Sooooooooooooo happy you got your finish line! And bonus - Clearwater!

Beth said...

Yay Mary!! Congrats on a race well run!! Clearwater 2009 here you come!! :)

Mer! said...

Mary!! CONGRATS!!! What an amazing end to your season...and I know it's been very trying at times...just wanted to say i'm stoked that you rocked your race and had such a solid finish!!!

WAHOO!! Clearwater '09 here you come!!!

Terrific!

Cy said...

Time to celebrate Mary! You've been through so much, and you stuck with it-CONGRATS!

When I see all those photos of you having fun with your racing friends it truly reminds me why I do this sport-That's what it's all about!!!

BreeWee said...

I should have waited minute and ran with you! Sounds like you had WAY more fun than me!

So glad you got your grove back and that your race earned you a 2009 CW slot!! AWESOME!

Keeping your shin up the way you did after IMLP is helping me keep mine up, thanks for being so real and wonderful!

GREAT race Mary! AND that swim helmet worked wonders!

Eileen Swanson said...

that is so awesome! Congrats!! way to hang tough and get a Clearwater spot, WOOHOO!

E

Trigirlpink said...

Where is YOUR RACE REPORT??? I don't like the thing at the bottom of your bloggy that tells you who's checked in. I'm CAREFUL as to not check back TOO OFTEN! I don't want to seem like a STALKER. :-)

Mel said...

Sunshine Mary...you did it girl...A CW slot and all....awesome!!! Wish you were going to be there in CW this year...as I will be there:)

Amy Beth Kloner said...

nice job, mary! so glad you had a successful race... and even more pumped for you that you're already locked into clearwater for 09. sweet!!!! congratulations my friend. ~amy