Thursday, November 13, 2008

dryland swim program

As a collegiate swimmer my life was ruled by swimming exercises on the pool deck, on the mats and on the Vasa Trainer. I have a Vasa Trainer and I would gift one to every swimmer in America if I could. I happen to have gotten mine through an incredible deal and I would not trade this thing for anything in the world.

If I had to point to one program for dryland training it would be
this one. I incorporate the exercises that apply to me into my functional strength training program. In Fact, this is itself a good FTP itself as it incorporates all parts of the body. I FST 3-4 times a week right now for about 30 minutes.

I won't go into the argument on whether strength training is necessary or effective. Take this all for what it is work and if it helps you... wonderful.


Here is a good dry land training program using some of the things you might have at home:


6 comments:

rr said...

Hey, they have that funny looking vasa thing at the beach club. Always wondered what it was for!

Ryan said...

Hey Mary,
Ask Curt if he and I can become Ironman Brothers? You know, we can become the badass sub 10Hr dudes that rule the course and talk smack to those just starting the run when we finish.

People will cower with fear when, "Oh no! Here comes the sub 10 duo of Curt and Ryan!"

Oh the Humanity!

BreeWee said...

oh thank you for the swim exercises/dryland stuff....

Eileen Swanson said...

I totally need to get one of those....maybe for Xmas. Thanks for the info ;-)

E

Fish has Legs said...

I just happened to look at your site....oh thank you so much for these exercises. It will help me get back into swimming once I finish my PT for my shoulder. Thanks!

LeAnn

Damie said...

thanks! i haven't had a chance to try these yet, but I am going to save them and get on it!