Sunday, November 2, 2008

HOORAY!

Congrats to the Train-This team for enjoying another 100% finisher rate at the Ironman!!! Congrats to first timer Kim Hase who finished in 12:29....... Jay Hollister completed his second Ironman in 13:15...... this father of three (soon to be four) made it through an injury to get there!

And of course, the story of the day that brings tears to my eyes........ CURT.

9:55, 5th in age group and Kona qualifier.

I cried my eyes out and believe me, so did he.

He has decided to decline the Kona spot. He's already done Kona (ho-hum), he PR'd and he's happy. And he's enjoying some heckling from Myself, Marit and Danni to boot!

This morning Danni signs up for the Ironman and I am happy to say..... after an inner fight of all fights, I will not be!

WOOO HOO!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING day for CURT! WOO HOO, congrats to him! :) Jen H.

PJ said...

Big congratulations to Curt!

Trigirlpink said...

That is AWESOME! Congrats Curt! Enjoy the rest of your visit and safe travels home.


PS Does the shark picture change???? I can't remember your times to compare!!!!!! :-)

Jennifer Cunnane said...

He friggin got 5th place and declined a kona slot??? WOW! Was he low on electrolytes or something?? Oh well, probably good for you more time to play right?

Go Mom Go said...

Wow! What a great day for Train-This and especially for Curt!

Turn down Kona??? wow!?

Damie said...

what, did me running flat into the guy in front of me while waving to you and marit not inspire you to sign up? It was great to see you guys- I hate that we didn't get to hang out. Congrats to Curt on what seemed like a great day for him. Dern those men- I was hoping you would still keep the family record!
Damie