Tuesday, November 25, 2008

pampered

I can't believe I am going to say this but I am about to spend a few hours at a spa. The Spa at the DelMonte to be exact. Now here is my confession..... I have not had a hair cut or even a trim since August 5th 2007. Yes that says 2007. I am about to go to hair confessional but I am told I can drink coffee while someone brushes my locks.

Sold!

No big dramatic changes, I know that will be what you wonder the most. A trim, a layer, a brush. Maybe they will even talk me into some product. Product? Product I am told, is the going word for gel mousse and hairspray. All I know is that while on my mat in 100 degrees tonight I do not want get running down my face.

As I am transitioning into becoming a dog owner..... now we don't have Cocoa just yet..... I am very lucky to have some amazing resources. My good friend Downtown Wendy Brown is a Lab expert, she shows hers and she's my mentor through this whole process.

I figured that the first thing we might need is a leash and a collar. Where else would I go to buy these items but my home away from home..... Breathe. Breathe? Yup, yes. They carry a brand called Om My Dog. Being the yogi that I am I thought it appropriate to begin Cocoa's life with the Eggers with good karma, or chi. That meant green and that meant the heart chakra. After all doesn't everything revolve around love?

So what happened to the name Spike????? Well, I caved, folded and crumbled. All the way to the breeder's house I announced over and over and over that this dog's name would be SPIKE. GIRL SPIKE. That would be the only name I allowed my canine to be called.

And then when I picked her up the name Cocoa came out.

It was a horribly embarrassing moment. I don't' often like to show my sensitive side.

So we continue to prepare, we continue to wait, we continue to plug away at the swim bike and run and at the same time relish in the excitement of our new arrival.

2 comments:

Damie said...

Yea!!! A dog is on your way! You are going to love her- just one more way in your life to express love. :) that is funny that "cocoa" just came out. At least your name "lilly lizard" didn't get vetoed like mine did. ha ha!

wiley said...

Can't wait to see the new hair do! You deserve the pampering! Once that puppy comes ...well let's just say you will be dealing with a different kind of "do"! ; )