Thursday, November 1, 2007

Morning Beach Update

It's day two here in Panama City Beach and the beach is gorgeous. And what's a town without a Wal-Mart? They have boogie boards, shovels, everything you need for a day on the beach.

Today I will be executing a short brick, registering and spending 30 minutes TOPS at the expo. The weather is good, the sun is shining and I am ready. I feel very good. In better news... Luc loves the ocean. Today I will teach him how to boogie board. (And then I will be off my feet and under an umbrella). A little known fact about me that he nor not many people know..... (drumroll!)

Mary Eggers knows how to surf.

And I am pretty good at it if I don't say so myself. While the waves are not quite big enough to hang ten.... if I am ever in Hawaii or California again I will break out the old surfboard and show you the limited maneuvers I can make while a wave is crashing upon me!

Today there are small one footer waves, come Saturday morning I am hoping for something bigger. If I have to bike flat and run flat then by all means please give me some hills in the water.

More to come this evening, thanks as always for stopping by!

:-) Mary Eggers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your candor when it comes to weight and eating disorders. I am currently an elite triathlete struggling through an ED - some days are better than others. But I'm getting help and am on the long road to recovery. I completely empathize with the pre-race weigh in. They can be terrifying, espcially when the number on the scale doesen't reflect the numbers that you've had before. Reading about the steps you took to calm yourself was wonderful, and I was really happy to read that things worked out. I wish you all the best tommorow - I'll be out in PC cheering on friends, and I'll cheer for you as you go by. Thanks a lot for talking about something that affects a lot of triathletes.