Thursday, September 17, 2009

Finger Lakes Triathlon Swim Clinics

This weekend is the billionth annual Finger Lakes Triathlon, and sadly I am not competing! BOO HOO! I am back on full swing training after a better-than-expected-recovery from the Pumpkinman 1/2 Ironman on Sunday. I do hope you will join all of us who love this race, but it is SOLD OUT!

Before we begin .... please visit www.score-this.com for complete race weekend details!

We will be having our annual open water swim clinic at 1pm right at the race site. This is a USAT clinic and it is FREE to all competing athletes with race number in hand.... and just $10 for those who are not competing. At this clinic you can expect the following:

  • tips on how to make your open water swim a good one
  • wetsuit tips: which suit, getting it on and getting it off.
  • where to position yourself in the water, how to sight
  • swim stroke analysis for everyone who wants it
  • goggles .... caps...... and more

I will also be running 20 minute clinics throughout the day that detail the details of the Finger Lakes Triathlon. These clinics will be free to all, I should have a blue tent set up....... just stop on by. I am available all day to answer all questions that you may have about the race, transitions, etc.

I am going to be coming from a yoga class that I teach that ends about 11:45...... so let's plan on the first 20 min clinic beginning at about 12:40. I will at least have the tent with me, and I will be wearing a QT2 Jacket!

Please come on down!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Congrats again on Pumkinman!

The curse is over :-)

I'm going to race Kona as Ryan Eggers because I want to be part of your superstud tri family.

Great Job Mary...Very Proud!

Matt Curbeau said...

See you shortly!