Thursday, September 10, 2009

seashore

Before we begin! The Annual Finger Lakes Triathlon Train-This Swim Clinic has been rescheduled! Originally slotted for this Saturday 9/12, we have moved it to next Saturday 9/19 at 1pm. It is a USAT sanctioned clinic and is $15. We will review the FLT swim course, take a look at swim strokes, and give you valuable tips on how to get out of the water quick!

Also next Saturday 9/19, I will be giving free 20 minute clinics at FLT packet pickup (with the exception during the swim clinic) to review the course and the race! Beginning at 12:30, look for the blue Train-This tent! See you all there! For more information please visit http://www.fingerlakestriathlon.com/ or http://www.score-this.com/ !!!!!




Here is a picture of the QT2 Team kit, and no Sully is not included!
The first day of school for Luc of course didn't come without something going wrong. With everything that has gone wrong in the past I had hoped beyond hope everything would go right. In the end it did. His bus didn't come. We got that straightened out. At first he was upset, feeling like he got left behind. But as we walked into school he promptly announced to the principal:
"Screw the bus! I'm coming to school anyways!" As she looked at me I just moved the conversation right along rather than pretend I was hard of hearing and switching to sign language.
When school was over he ran off the bus and into my arms..... he's still and always will be my little boy. The first day of third grade was wonderful. His best friend was in his class. The mission of the week is to track the paw prints of Marley (the dog!). Apparently Marley has snuck into school and they must find her! Luc believes she is hiding in the theatre!
During the day it was as if my life had gone from 60 to zero. Here I was, workouts done before 7am. Nothing to do for 7 hours except hop to school and take an exam. So I studied and took a nap. Stayed off my feet. Reviewed everything I need for our trip this weekend.
I get to see the ocean! Who knew that Pumpkinman was just a few minutes away from the ocean. Nestled in where New Hampshire and Maine connect, or is it intersect? Maine = lobster which I haven't had..... I am not sure if I have ever eaten lobster! You can bet I will be trying some!!!!
I have my team kit, I have my clean bike, I have my guys with me. I get to race with my QT2 teammates..... The Wizard is racing too! I am very excited to race alongside and as part of such an incredible team. The plan for my race is set, and this morning I will pack it all up.
Another Eggers' adventure awaits!
More to come from the shore!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking good in the Qt2 outfit; but Sully isn't aero....

Great that Luc had a great first day even with the bus issues!

Kim said...

YOU GET TO EAT PANCAKES SATURDAY! i certainly hope youre looking forward to that!

Mary Eggers said...

I get to eat pancakes FRIDAY AND SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim said...

wait whattttt???? pancakes on friday? i never got that luxury!!!

Mary Eggers said...

Oh yeah sister! TWO DAYS!

20% increase in CHO 2 days before, 60% increase 1 day before.

Pancakes here I COME!

Trigirlpink said...

oh boy.... you look very very fast in that slick little get up. Safe travels!

Marit C-L said...

Oh man - Sully is awesome!

Mary Eggers - you are looking like One Hot Mamma! WOo hoo!!!!! Have a blast this weekend - YEA! I'll say hi to the sharks in the ocean for you, just so you won't have to :)

Good luck to Luke for finding Marley! (oh dear - I hope I remembered the puppies name!)

Laura said...

Good luck this weekend! Enjoy the ocean and the lobster. ;)

wiley said...

Hey SkinnyTri/YogiWoman!
Looking great in your new gear!!! Kick arse this weekend. You are right where you're supposed to be. Namaste!

Unknown said...

Good luck this weekend, and enjoy those pancakes!! You have certainly earned them.