Tuesday, September 22, 2009

study break!

Study break this am. I have an exam this afternoon and am up and hitting the books when I,d rather be training. My head is just more clear in the am. So when weighing training versus studying, training gets pushed back to the evening. It's more challenging for me to train in the evening .... but it's BST day and that means I get a shot at breaking 265 watts.

After a stressful day of work + exam BSTs will be just what I need.

We've got just over 8 weeks to Clearwater and that will feel like too little time before you know it. I just scheduled a weekend of testing with The Wizard up in Boston. The first weekend of December will grant me a round of testing and running analysis as we get to work on 2010.

I will likely take a 2 week off-season. Yes it,s short but I have big goals and I have a lot of work to do. When I am in a program such as my masters I need the training to balance the hard work. I need to have as equally a hard goal to achieve. And that's all the things we have in store for 2010.

I will be racing 3 half Ironman races in 2010 that will lead me up to Ironman Florida. My first 70.3 will take me to California .... with Elizabeth and Marit and we will have a little beach party. I chose Oceanside because it's the ocean, because Marit is there.... and it comes at a good time of the academic year.

Musselman will be in July and then either Syracuse 70.3 or Pumpkinman. I have not decided on that yet. I loved Maine.

So even though 2009 has not finished yet because of the nature of the sport we must look ahead to where we are going. I can't tell you how much I have learned this season, and I can't wait to begin working on next. QT2 and The Wizard have awakened me, brought me out of slump and we are headed in a good direction.

I am excited.

But first, today. Back to studying, work, exam and then those BST's. I will let you know how they GO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY Oceanside and the beach!!! Can't wait :)