Tuesday, September 15, 2009

moving on

The post race analysis is complete. We achieved exactly what we needed to achieve on Sunday. We are back to work and so surprisingly I feel very good. Minimal soreness. Which I attribute to good nutrition..... and if you don't think so then you need to really understand how nutrition plays a part in training. I'm also not too sore because we didn't hit it full on. Post Clearwater, I won't be able to walk.

I have to say that Pumpkinman was one of the best races I have ever done. I may forgo Syracuse 70.3 to go back. It is just that good. I also need to profusely thank my QT2 Teammates for all qualifying for Kona and racing the sprint on Saturday :)

Many questions have come to me about my coach Jesse. I can only say that he's worth his price in GOLD. He is interested in every single one of his athletes. I would have to say that he takes each one very personally. His vision for my future performances has me very excited but I also know he does not pull it out of his ass. If there's anything about the Wizard...... he pulls nothing from his ass. There's no magic. It's all right there. Three times in a row he has proven that in my program. I have no doubt what Clearwater will bring for me.

It,s awesome to be believed in. It's awesome to believe in yourself again. It's even more awesome to have just about lost faith and then to have it rebuilt again. Maybe during my last successes I didn't appreciate it enough. Right now as I am making progress I am soaking every single moment in. I am soaking every step of the learning process in.

The video I referred to in my race report is below. Let me know if it shows correctly......Every single morning I watch it. I recited it to myself during the race about 100 times. Whatever it takes.

If I can do this..... why can't you? Let's do this...... together.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

"We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible." ~ Vince Lombardi Save a seat on that bus for me, Egg.

Unknown said...

Love this, Mary. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Cusetri said...

"Flip the Script."

Those words are cemented in my brain. This clip continues to remind me I have hair on the back of my neck.

Jennifer Harrison said...

Mary! I tried to leave a comment on your Pumpkinman 1/2 IM RR and I could not? Weird, so here I am. CONGRATS on your great race and Amateur win! It is ALL coming together for you and YOU deserve that!!!!

Beth said...

I've watched the video/commercial so many times, I'd be embarrassed to admit to! Flip the script. By far my favorite line. Congrats again Mary!