Friday, September 11, 2009

the home of the brave

Today we are headed to the ocean. To Lobster and to a new place. It's an excellent day for an adventure.

Admittedly as we drive towards NYC and Boston my heart remains heavy on this anniversary, as may yours. It's one of those anniversaries that you tell your kids..... "I remember exactly what we were doing."

I remember Luc was 11 months old and I put my arms around him thinking..... what kind of world did I just bring you into? Then as the stories began to surface, the stories of good, of heroism, survival, compassion and love...... I thought.... I brought you into a good world.

I will never forget. I will never forget. I will never forget what that day has meant and represented. The absolute worst face of evil contrasted by the strength of humanity. The day when we all reached out to our neighbors, cried together, fought together and became a country again.

As we head to the ocean today I will keep that feeling with me. The American flag waves high and mighty here. Our spirit of patriotism has never been stronger. I will cry when they sing the star spangled banner..... just like I always do.

I will continue to be grateful for the opportunities I have here. The freedom I get to enjoy and the passion for this great land that we all share.

Remembrance.

1 comment:

Kim said...

curt did AWESOME today!!!! holy cow - first overall age group male?!!! yay!!!!!