Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

When you hand your $470 to the man a year in advance, they should have the decency to tell you one thing. They should at least have the kindness to warn you, prepare you or at the very least prepare your family.

Your IQ is going to drop several points the closer you get to the starting line.

It is official. My 6 year old is in charge of my car keys. The kid down the street is in charge of my wallet :-) and the neighbors dog is in charge of everything else. The three of them seem to keep thing in line much better than I am these days.

I can't even remember what my workouts are as I go from computer to the road.

People ask me my phone number and I just stare at them.

People ask me my name and I tell them my sister's name.

People ask me how many kids I have and I say three.

But that's how you know that you are almost ready. The meat is almost well done. Into the picture emerges the proverbial fork and it is heading towards me.
But not yet.

A few more hours and a few more days. A few more loads of laundry and a few more moldy water bottles. And don't forget that trip to Virginia.

VIRGINIA????? Yes Virginia. Seems my husband had to go out and earn himself another National Champion title, and seems he's gotta go compete in another World Championships. I would have to say his fork is about to pierce his skin. We are traveling with him to Richmond next week, and then 2 weeks after that heading down for our big family spring break.

Triathletes in Panama City Beach on Halloween. Does it get any more wild than that?

If having one parent training long isn't bad enough, try having 2 parents training long. Sure they train on their own time but between the two of them they can't remember a thing. Good think our little guy is bright and responsible. And broken :-) Food gets fought over, everything gets misplaced.

Housecleaning???? That happens on November 6th.

So we are almost there, we are almost cooked. I'd have to say that Curt is one ready man. He's psyched, he's fit and he's hungry. Me? I think so. I wait for Coach T's final word on that one.

One thing is for sure however. If you see us on the street my name is not Amy. It's Mary. I have one child and one husband. My husband's name is Curt no matter what I tell you.

:-) Mary

No comments: