Friday, October 12, 2007

Time

I am excited. I am excited because tomorrow I get to race. I haven't touched a starting line since July 22nd. My longest race pause ever in the on season. This was initially Coach T's decision, but as we evolved through this Ironman Florida block I now see why.

It's October 12th, and I am feeling damn hungry. My mojo is high. I am feeling really motivated. Result by design for a girl who over races. A tactical decision which right now seems to be paying off.

Tomorrow morning we hit the Hospice 10 mile road race. It'll be chilly and a bit rainy, but it is flat and flat is what this hill lover needs. I ran it last year and I am excited to see how this year goes. With 16 hours of training under my belt this week I am feeling very good. Very fresh. Very excited.

My goal is to run ab out a 7:50-8:00 miles for the first few miles and then take it from there. I want to finish strong. I want to see the fruits of my labor. I want to see if this pacing pacing and pacing work has rubbed off. While that pace may seem slow for those of you sub seven minute milers.... that's the pace I am aiming for. I have been in Big Bike Week and I have a lot of miles on these legs. It of course would be a dream to run pure 7 min for 10 miles... but we have another race called Ironman in 3 weeks that I am aiming for.

And while I am not a runner by nature.... I am inching closer and closer to it.

So with that, time to put my feet up and pout some water down.

:-) Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK MARY!!! The "time" is now.
enjoy the 10 miler in prep for IM FL! :)) Jen