Wednesday, September 17, 2008

hope

Ashley gets to live near coffee street and it makes me jealous.

If anyone is good at turning a negative into a positive.... it's me. It's just what I have been taught.
Wednesday brought me my very best day since my crash. My pain level has significantly decreased to about a 3/10, since I took just one dose of Flexoril. I took another Wednesday night as well.

Why do I have such aversion to medications? Side effects. I hate them. It isn't like you take a Flexoril and it goes to the affected muscle. Medications have systemic effects. They mess with your head, cause fatigue, etc. But this time I had to concede and I will admit.... it has helped tremendously.

Dr. Les Lange of Greater Rochester Chiropractic is the pinnacle of my recovery here. Sometimes I become annoyed when people run to a chiropractor for ailments. Even myself. But with scoliosis I have a structural issue that is helped with chiropractic, ART, and ultrasound. Things have calmed down enough to get worked on.

Wed I was able to make through a very comfortable 2000 yards of swimming (no flip turns!). Thursday I shall bike for 45 minutes. I am taking everything one step at a time. I really hope by Monday I can run. I have no plan for the week at all, I started with zero and I will end up with something.

I really want to compete in Austin. If I don't hurt I will go for anything. If I hurt I will stop.

I have never worked so hard for a season that fell so short. My Coach put so much into me and I returned nothing to him.

But I am moving. I am moving more and hurting less.

I approach everything in my life with heart, hope and faith, and this is no different.

5 comments:

kerri said...

Glad you are feeling better. Can sympathize with the medication thing but glad they worked. POSITIVE THINKING goes a long way....and I'm sure your coach does not think that way at all.

Ashley said...

Thinking of you Mary... take care and be careful!!

rr said...

Aww, I have the same feeling about this year. This is the first year I've really gone all out with the fancy shmancy coach and all I've done this year is sucked.

But you are healing, you're hurting less, and things are looking up!! Keep up those positive thoughts, you will get there woman!

Damie said...

What do you mean you have returned nothing to your coach! you are crazy! Of course you have given back in so many ways. And remember- the meds are probably making you feel a little down too (at least they do for me). Hope you keep getting better exponentially!

Amanda said...

There is no way you are working for nothing, I guarantee that your coach and so many others including me are nothing but proud of you mary! hold your head up high!!!! you are healing, you are doing the BEST you can, remember what you said you will land on something solid or be taught to fly!!!!
hang in there mary!
hugs!