Friday, September 26, 2008

suit vote!

Many many thanks to the amazing girls at SPLISH for these 2 super great suits for Texas Longhorn 70.3 I don't know which to wear! Help me decide! Sorry for the crapness of these shots..... I took em with my camera phone... and if I am not going to be smokin fast I might as well look good. Well, as good as I can look!


Many many thanks for your amazing comments on my meeting with Luc's school today. It went much better than I thought it would. More to come on that later. I imagine you are just dying to know how my back is. I know..... it's consuming you.

After speaking with Marit last night, I decided to use a tip she suggested. I have to credit Marit with the design, but we have a new addition to the Mary Eggers special needs triathlon kit. To compliment the swim helmet we now have the running girdle.

Yes, the run girdle. Looks so awesome I can't even bring myself to post a picture of it yet..... yes it makes me look that pretty. Now these are going to be some interesting race photos. I will make sure they never hit the air waves.

What is the run girdle you ask? Well..... it's very simple, you may already have what you need. Simply take a fuel belt, one of the newer ones...... and wrap it around your hips. Not waist...... hips. Right over the hip bones. Don't put anything in it now silly people...... run with it empty.

What does it do? I thought you'd never ask. It makes my back feel better when I run. Marit obviously put it through several very scientific trials, it made hers feel better too. If you have ever experienced SI pain, then you know. It feels like it stabilizes you.

I am sure the guys at the Science of Sport will be writing about it next. If it were at Interbike right now I can pretty well assume that Miss Chrissie Wellington would be picking it up. BS just hasn't heard about it yet.

My 45 minutes run today with the new run girdle went well. My pain is about 2. I was able to keep E pace and at times even go faster. It wasn't 100% pain free but the pain settles to a level I can HTFU and tolerate.

After Oct 5th I will take a good 4 week rest and allow everything to heal. I promise that.

Will I wear the run girdle at Texas? Over one of my smokin new suits? I don't know yet. I wear an ace wrap when I walk now and it helps.

Mary.... don't you think if you need to wear an ace wrap around your hips to feel good that you are taking this a bit too far????

Totally. I just need this finish line. For reasons you know and some that you don't. I need this finish line.






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, toughie! My first reaction was the blue flower one! VERY cute..but I like the TX one since you are racing in TX....!! Ahhhh
Jen H.

rr said...

Go with the star suit, it's perfect for Texasssss! Love it!

And Marit is awesome for thinking up the run girdle. I hope it helps. I'm seeing a trend with these pain numbers.. down down down!

BreeWee said...

If I see you in a swim helmet then a run girdle I will never be able to focus, there is nothing serious about that outfit, seriously hilarious!!!

Okay... for the suit, I like the blue one better, but the Texas one is Texas & how often do you race in Texas? I guess I didn't help much...

Hide em' both behind your back, then I choose the one in your right hand...either one will look good on ya while going fast :)

Anonymous said...

Star suit.

Rich C

Pedergraham said...

I like the texas one. I am with your on the girdle, girl. I had one after I fractured one of my T-vertebrae in college. It was oh-so-pretty under my bathing suit...not! But, it did the trick.

So glad to hear that your meeting went okay or better than ok.
-Danielle

Mel said...

Both are good...BUT I like the blue one..I think it has flowers on it...man who ever took that photo should be fired HA HA...JK!!

cat. said...

aesthetically i like the star one, but i say ... you're representin' the state of "train this", not the state of texas ... so, go blue!!

also, i have a SI stabilizer belt/girdle that a chiropractor suggested. it's bigger than a fuel belt so i don't think you would want to race in it, but i am MORE than happy to overnight it to you if you'd like to use it for a little extra support when you aren't training.

you can email me at cgriffin at yahoo dot com if you are interested.

cat.

cat. said...

apparently i don't know my own email address. it's cgriffin underscore 90049 at yahoo dot com.

what can i say, i'm not quite awake yet.

Marit C-L said...

Mary! Excellent! Gotta say - I LOVE the Texas suit. It looks awesome - and how often will you get to wear a Texas suit in, ah, Texas?

Or is it the Puerto Rican Flag suit??? ;)

Glad that the Fuel Belt is in your new arsenal! You could always carry the belt for the first part of the run, and if the SI Joint starts aggravating you, put it on - just a thought! Or you could be super cool and just run with the thing on for the entire time. :)

Mary Eggers said...

RYAN! I accidentally rejected your comment! Figures! Here it is and THANKS!
******************************
Kick ass Mary!

You've got to wear the Tejas Flag. You'll have all the support from the locals giving you that big "YEEEE HAWWWWW" as you cruise past; the cowboys will be so excited that they will pull out their "six shooter" and fire it up in the air in celebration of a hottie wearing the flag.