Sunday, September 7, 2008

not much longer

Here I am stalking Brian Rhodes. When we started to take this picture he was sitting down and stretching. I instructed Foster 1 to take the picture with me in the foreground. As Foster 1 took the picture he was laughing uncontrollably. Later on when I uploaded this picture I realized that BR realized what was going on, stood up and himself started laughing. I will have to work on improving the subtly of my stalker ways.

Goodness gracious I am sick. NUTS as Luc would say. Was I not just sick? The good news is that it is respiratory. I train easier when it is above the neck, rest when it is below the neck. I have a four hour uptempo brick on tap today and I need to get er done.

It's funny how if you were my athlete telling me this.... I'd likely tell you some really great advice. But when it is me..... do as I say not as I do.

Because there is not a lot of time left. And I need to rock these last few weeks out. I need this tempo work and I need to know I can do it.

What I must remember is that Austin isn't being built in these weeks, it has actually already been built. I have been building it all season long and I hope..... I hope..... I hope that it all comes together on October 5th.

As I have looked back over my season I don't see enough races on my calendar. I see some results but I wasn't healthy. I see a lot of work and not a lot to show for that work. As next season begins to loom there will be more.

Now that my divorce from the Ironman has become official. And I got custody of the kid.

I mean today Ironman is running around with over 4,000 people all over the world. What kind of relationship is that?????

Two weeks from today I get to race at the Finger Lakes Triathlon. This is the big hometown race and it's full to capacity. There's a great ladies field and my heart is already pumping at the thought of going hard and going fast. I will be like a bear in a cage at that race.

Oh yes I will.

There's this balance between competing a lot and not competing too much. Enough to keep you fresh, but not so much you trash yourself. I definitely feel under the wire this year but again it comes back to Ironman (bastard) who I gave up everything for.

Racing is fun. It's the party of all of this work. Its the celebration, the good times with friends, the head to head races. That's what we sit on our trainers all winter long for. That chance to see what you have on that very day.

I want more of those days. As I prepare for Austin I can't help but thinking to 2009 and the year I turn 35. I actually can't wait. 30-34 was good but not at all what I know I am capable of. I know I have a peak to hit and I haven't hit it yet. Now that I am so over the Ironman (please notice that if I had not left the IMLP course in an ambulance...... had I pr'd I am very sure I would be singing a whole different tune.....) there is a whole field of 70.3 waiting to be investigated and figured out.

It begins in Austin!!!!

7 comments:

rr said...

Watch out Austin!!! And that ladies field at Finger Lake too, while we're at it.

I LOVE that photo, that is so awesome.

Go Mary!

Eileen Swanson said...

You will have so much fun and kick butt at Longhorn 70.3!! This distance will be so great for you especially after doing an IM. A couple of my friends will be there, so I will make sure they say hi ;-)

E

Damie said...

I will be awaiting the cheers at mile 4...could you please bring MP with you? I think that would definitely brighten up my IM experience. :)

Damie said...

I will be awaiting the cheers at mile 4...could you please bring MP with you? I think that would definitely brighten up my IM experience. :)

BreeWee said...

WAIT!!! Longhorn 70.3!? Really??? Coach is sending me there... I get to meet you in REAL life!? AWESOME!

Okay, the posters are ready, when the dudes get to Kona I will get a photo of them holding it just for you!

kerrie said...

you are too funny! you really need to work on your stealth stalking!!

yeah, i'm all about aging up -it's a good thing. 35-39 is the place to be ;)

Mel said...

Ha funny about BR...I talked to him and am working a little something out for you....:)
Go smash Longhorn!!!