Wednesday, September 10, 2008

not again!

For the record..... thank you for the emails about Ironman Canada again opening spots for the 2009 race. My decision not to sign up is final. We are over for another three years. Ironman divorce is final. I am not signing up. I am not signing up.

Moving on..........

Kelly and I continued our Austin heat training program with a 120 minute ride in 65 degrees of sunshine today. To make it really worth it we dressed warm. I even wore my favorite Postal Service Jersey.... fleece on the inside!!!!!!

We swam today at Nazareth.... which just might be the coldest pool in the area. I figured if I was freezing my butt off I would wish I was in the warm balmy waters of Austin.

Yeah.... this is so the way to go! Reverse acclimation. I shall start a new thing!

Today is picture day, so I shall share a few pictures while I am out completing my uptempo brick:

Here is how my car looks after a traditional day of training with Kelly..... it is also called "The locker room". And in case you were wondering...... it does smell like it too!


I received this hilarious gift from two of my craziest athletes: Karin and Matt Kellman. It is a giant poster of the Ironman swim. I am the one in the pink cap....... just in case I have forgotten my Ironman lake Placid experience...... (and that white spot is the flash..... not the sonic boom that happened when I got hit....)


And while we are on the topic of picture day..... Curt's racing bike is packed and shipped off to Oregon..... here's how I pack er up:

Here's my little sunshine on his first day of second grade.......







Here Luc is jumping off the three meter dive....... something Curt Eggers will not do!










10 comments:

Amy Beth Kloner said...

I love your kid's hair!!! What a cutie pie!!!!!

rr said...

Love that hairdo!! Luc is such a star.

And that was a great gift.. hang it with your swim helmet :)

kerri said...

EWWWWW, 90 water... a big hot tub. It "could" be good. It will defintely warm those muscles up for the bike. Happy training for Texas!!!

Beth said...

Reverse acclimation. I LOVE IT!!! Will you come pack my bike up the next time I fly? Please? :) Have a great day Mary!

wiley said...

The dimples are pretty darn cute too!!!!!

kerrie said...

i love that hair too! i want a boy to do fun hair things with!!! sounds like you are getting a bunch of solid training in - yay - and i'm sure the ironman bug will bite again ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary! Luc looks so cute- my kids would never let me play with their hair. I'm bummed- I really want to come to your OWS clinic in Cdga, but I'm on service and I don't have a waterproof pager (not to mention that whole pesky rounding thing...) and the ED KILLED me last night- 5 admits! Have a great time, and see you at FLT!

Anonymous said...

I was at the Nas Wednesday morning......freezing...i couldnt warm up, so I left after 15 mins. I make you proud, dont I?

BreeWee said...

YES! Luc's hair is the BEST... not the nerd, not the school bully... PERFECT!

I LOVE that poster, GREATEST gift possible after that swim!

Cy said...

The poster is great, but your explantion of the 'flash' is classic. I seriously need an Eggers swim helmet for Kona-I'm so nervous about that swim start.

Are you going to Portland next weekend? I'll be there and would love to meet you.