Saturday, January 20, 2007

Onward


Erasing the memory of the big bad workout this week which forced me into recovery, was learning of the plan ahead. Learning of the next few mesocycles and how they fit into this giant macrocycle I have set up. Is this challenge to big for me to face? Do I have the emotional strength to do it and the physical strength to do it well? I have no idea but I am giving it a shot. I have a wonderful coach, and I have a great deal of trust in him, so when he stated we would switch to a 2/1 build and recover cycle I initially was horrified. But when I took a look and thought about what it entailed, I understood why. I get it.

I gave myself the gift of a nine hour sleep last evening and awoke to the bright snow that is covering our earth this morning. Everything is covered in a blanket of white (and the roads.... clear). There is snowshoeing to be had this week coming up, and there are more miles to happily be logged.

My 33rd birthday is coming on Thursday, and I thought about what I'd like to do. What would encompass the perfect day? I thought about a hair cut, a massage, a pedicure and a facial. At the end of the day I'd feel pretty, but I want to bring in 33 with a good solid bang. What, if I could do anything there was to do in the world, what would I do?

A redo.

My perfect birthday will begin with teaching yoga, as I so love to do. It will continue with the redo of the ride from this week. The long ride. 3 hours. Maybe by then my new Computrainer will arrive. After than will be afternoon sledding when Luc comes home from school. I will take my regular 6pm yoga class from Cyndi and 40 of my closest friends. I normally practice next to Angelo, which is a blast in itself. Nowhere else will someone smack me upside the head as I fall from http://http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/784_1.cfm Ardha Chandrasana (because I do it with my hands behind my back), or giggle with me as we hit arms during Garandasana Pose. The class is filled with beautiful people and I will be honored to ring my day in with them.

Then it will be home to my birthday request: Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza from Pontillos, and Ben & Jerry's Banana Split for dessert. Could a day be any better than to end it with my guys????

So onward, onward and upward in training hours this week. I will give this two week build thing a try. I want to fall into bed on Sunday February 4th, dead tired and exhiliratingly exhausted, embracing the recovery week rather than being forced into the recovery week. Let me find it this time.

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: