Wednesday, January 3, 2007

The never ending summer

Wednesday January 3rd and it is fifty degrees outside, how is this possible? As much as I love it I hate it. I am a Northerner, and I live here for a reason. There are four seasons including winter. If this keeps up I will have missed TWO seasons in snowshoes! NO NO NO!

As I do look to the bright side as training ramps up I am happy to report a 5 minute improvement on my usual 7 mile trail this morning. While the sun was shining I did ride indoors. There were watts, heart rates and cadences to keep track of. Perhaps for tomorrow's long ride I will take to the mountain bike and to the trails. We shall see.

We have 15 hours scheduled this week and I am delighting in each and every one so far. Being healthy is a gift I will not relinquish and I am feeling wonderful. My schedule has tremendously slowed down, leaving ample time for training and even a (gasp!) nap. Gone are those days when every minute of every day was scheduled, busy, and where sleep, what was sleep?

Perhaps I am too old for that or perhaps I have grown accustomed to the glory of working from home. Where I show up to work in a yoga studio wearing Lululemon, or to my office wearing..... well Lululemon. I can spend all day in Lululemon and be very happy about it. :-)

It has been a hard adjustment, easing into the slow lane. But I am needing the mental break, as I ramp up the physical, and as I am spending evenings helping with homework. Who knew that would be such a joy?

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: