Friday, January 26, 2007

Not as bad as it seems




When you are sick and miss training, it can feel like the sky is falling. You think you feel better, you do something and straggle home feeling worse. So lying in bed thinking about the training I am not getting in this week, I decided to use the neato graphing feature of Training Peaks, and it isn't as bad as it seems. I breathed a sigh of relief and closed my eyes. Time to let myself sleep and get better. January is early and the best is yet to come.


I had a series of phone meetings today between Doug, and some of the people I like to use for training advisement. And my buddies at Racermate. Seven more days till the new CT arrives. All meetings went well, and I am feeling good about this new direction. I can't really say it is a new direction, nothing has changed. Except that I make the big decisions.


We will increase frequency and decrease the volume for the time being. (Aside from the Spin A Thon next week where I will get those hours I crave). The lack of testing is now gone, as dates have been set for specific testing.

Specific running goals and nutrition goals have been refined, as these two are my weakest links. Another major part of my training is the mental drills and such that I love to do. Honestly I have been working so much on the business that I have allowed those to slide. Funny, when I was working out of the home I kept a tight schedule. Now that I have the control over the time, it is a little more difficult. When you work for yourself, you could work all day every day. Now there is a schedule. I crave that kind of stability.


With it totalling -3 degrees outside, it is a good time to not feel so well. We raise to the teens tomorrow and I have been awarded bike and run time depending on how I feel.


I exhaled and depressed the panic button.


The sky is not falling.


I am not on this journey alone.


There is direction.


There will be moments of doubt.


And there will be good moments. Those moments I am hoping to find in the form of a finish line.


A few of them


:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: