Wednesday, January 10, 2007

White fluffy snowflakes are falling from big grey clouds this morning. On one hand it seems dreary out, yet on the other with snow falling there is always this feeling of possibility. With the sun peeking out through the slight breaks in the clouds I continue to be filled with the feeling that anything in the world is posisble right now.

I will admit to feeling tired this morning, from lack of sleep. Part of me wants to crawl back into bed and take a nap, yet the other part of me is smiling as I know that in thirty minutes I will be lost in a sea of snowflakes, endorphins, the sound of my breathe and the familiar and inspiring music played through my iPod Nano.

I used to criticize people who used their walkmans, or iPods on a run. Yet during my spinning classes I took great time and care to choreograph each set to music.

Part of my evolution is to let go of the rules I used to set before myself. "Never wear music running Mary becasue you shall concentrate, keep your mind in the game, monitor the heart rate....."

But I love music. Why would I deny myself something I completey love? It would be like a world of no coffee. I so carefully select my music and so carefully create the playlists, that my music inspires me.

I don't run with my Nano all of the time, but there are mornings like this where it will be just me, my Nano and my run. I have 14 new songs downloaded and I am looking forwrad to hearing it loudly between my ears. Inspiring me, holding me at the right pace, bringing me to the edge of my dreams........

Letting go of the rules has been like opening the gates and allowing myself to run free. I have removed the word never from all rules applied to me. Keeping the rules is protective. Letting them go is exposing, risky, yet full of possibility.

Possibility. Yes, possibility.

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: