Saturday, January 27, 2007

This Amazing Team

I feel very lucky to boast that I coach 30 athletes on the Train-This Multisport Team. We have athletes training for marathons, 5k's, 1/2 Ironmans and the Ironman. Sometimes I look around at this incredible group of people and I think where did they come from?

I use Training Peaks as my coaching software, and I have had great success with it. each athlete's program is checked over 5 times a week, as changes may need to be made to their program depending on how a previous workout went. It makes for a busy day, but I have a good system developed. It is important to me to give each person the best value for their dollar.

As we evolve through our training and this arctic blast we are in, I have come up with some interesting statistics with this team.

Train-This Team Statistics:

  • 0% Major injuries injuries (knock on wood)
  • 5% Minor injuries (tight muscles is the high issue.)
  • 32% of my Team trains with a computrainer or a powermeter
  • 51% of the team is doing the Ironamn in 2007
  • 25% of the team is doing a 1/2 Ironman
  • 30% of this team never wants to do an Ironman (good choice)
  • 10% of this team is training for a 1/2 Ironman
  • 20% of this team has a background in swimming
  • 70% of this team has a background in running
  • 10% of this teams claims to have no background
  • 0% of this team has a cycling background.
  • 40% of this team has lost 10+ pounds since Sept. (of those whose goal it was)
  • 98% of this team has been sick in the past 4 weeks
  • Of this 98%; 56% had a respiratory illness and 42% had a GI Illness
  • 52% of this team are men / 48% of this team are women

Maybe this is admitting nerdity on my part, but I am really, really proud of this group. They came here as strangers and they have developed friendships, two are even getting engaged. Actually, we have 2 married couples, an engaged couple and a dating couple! Perhaps this could be called "Pimp-This!".

Whatever it is called, I consider it to be a family, and I am so very blessed that these people came to us for training. It really is so much more about being a client, which is why you will never hear me refer to anyone as my client. They are athlete, they are family.

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: