Friday, October 30, 2009

excite

Today's that kind of day where I get to be elbow deep in all that I love. Family, people, yoga multisport. More rewarding than my own performances are guiding the performances of others, watching them grow and achieve.


It's a "soak week" (a term we liked to use for recovery.... we are soaking up the efforts of the past build).... I am using the time to tie up loose ends in terms of people and studies and things. They are neat and tidy and once that calendar turns to hit November 1st it will be a whirlwind until I land myself in Boston the first week in December.

With a 45 minute swim on tap this morning I thought it best to hit the tail end of Masters, a little more sleep would do me good. Yeah that wasn't all that bright of a move on my part. It's pull week at RAMS and while normally my favorite, it hurt. In the water it takes me a good 30 min to warm up.

It's funny as I have gotten older in the pool I don't pay attention to my times. I pay attention to where I am in relatuion to my lanemates. I think our team is unique in the amazing relationzhips that we all have with each other. Seriously.



I know how I am swimming based on who I am swimming next to or where the guys are at.


If I can stay on M's feet I am having a good day. If Ken does not lap me in a 400 yard set I am having a good day. I should be able to stay ahead of Les in Lane 1, if not, not a good day. It might take me a length or 2 but getting past R is where I should be.
Today Grimm was unruly Billy again in the water. Kind of like King Kong as he was kicking ass and flailing arms. It's a pretty normal day for us to lock shoulders once a 25. Grimm today was on a different planet, catching me on a freaking 200.


Good Lord I wanted to vote him out of the lane and into the tank.

Soak week has been pretty good. I rested. And rested some more. Took an exam. Sent my Blue Seventy PointZero 3 to Boston only to realize I may need it for Clearwater (eighty two in the water?), so Monday it will be back to me and then overnighted to Boston when I get home.

I reflected on my 2009 season and I smiled so big as I am so absolutley thrilled with where it has taken me. I dreamt about 2010 and where I will be headed.

To where I never thought possible.

No comments: