Saturday, October 24, 2009

things to come

I will admit to "feeling it" this week. For the first time in a long time I look forward to crossing that finish line three weeks from today and putting a cap on a very very happy season. I have been training since Dec / Jan of 2008 and while that first race in NOLA was nothing great I was still training. I am ready for a break, and although it will be only 2 weeks I will use those 2 weeks wisely.

2009 has been good to me. It really has. I joined an amazing team in April / May and I have seen nothing but improvements across the board. We tackled nutrition like I never have before, and none of the workouts have been devastating. Instead we spend hours and hours and hours building a strong foundation, or should I say rebuilding it. Running more frequently, changing how I view nutrition during training and solving my many "during race" GI issues.

The amount of gratitude that I feel towards Coach Jesse (The Wizard) and the entire crew at QT2 is overwhelming. The Wizard keeps saying that this is just the beginning. I don't know if any of them realize what they have done for me and how excited I am to be back in the game.

As I look over the horizon at 2010 I am excited. I am going to have the time to focus on this, which is the best part.

In terms of my own business I again can't be happier. I have had the opportunity to work with an amazing group of athletes this season. 2010 is lining up to perhaps be our biggest year yet.

And yes, it is true..... from now until January we are opening a limited amount of spots for athletes who want to be part of the team. Email me at maryeggers "at" gmail "dot" com. On the homepage the contact box doesn't seem to be working very well ...... but we are working on a new edition of the site anyways so shoot me an email!

After a disastrous 2008, 2009 came together drama free and smooth. Even Christmas this year is shaping up to be good. I will have to say that my father and I will miss hanging out and mocking my sister-in-law. Oh the good old days! But we'll be together nonetheless.

Three weeks from today I get to swim in the ocean. Now if my legs would show up for today's activities, it would be grand!

No comments: