Sunday, October 4, 2009

Snapped!

Ah the thread snapped and full blown sickness has moved in! Didn't we know that? Saturday and Sunday lost in a sea of sleep, but still no meds. I am "allowing the body to do it's thing". I got my orders from coach that include a full blown "How to get better" Plan. Hmmm...... as I look at it I am wondering.......

I am not worried, this stuff happens. The Wizard will either continue me on into a recovery week or move me forward. Either way I trust the plan and I am letting Mary be sick!

I have 2 recipes to share, both are from the cookbook "Clean Food" by Terry Waters. Terry is a clean food, fair trade, organic whole food chef who wrote this amazing cookbook, and we sell it at Breathe. We also hold cooking classes several times per week. Next week Terry Waters is coming to Breathe for a workshop!

I was made this meal yesterday and LOVED it. It was my first time having spaghetti squash and I loved it! It's chock full of nutrients, helping me on the road to recovery!

"Simply Delicious Spaghetti Squash"

1 spaghetti squash
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
sea salt and fresh ground pepper.

1. preheat oven to 400.
2. place spaghetti squash in the oven and bake 1 hour until soft.
3. on lower heat saute garlic in olive oil until soft, slice squash in half, remove and discard seeds.
4. hold half of the squash over a serving bowl and using a fork scrape out flesh from top to bottom to separate strands of squash (repeat with other half)
5. toss with other half, garlic oil, salt, parley and serve.

Serves four!


I liked this with sauteed Kale! MMMMMM MMMMMM GOOD!

1 comment:

Damie said...

I am excited to get a spaghetti squash recipe! I had it one time with my friend and could never replicate it. I will try this one!

Now, if you could just explain to me how to cook kale...