Thursday, October 8, 2009

back to good

I am feeling like myself again, that feeling of not being able to wait till 8am when my workout starts...... I want to hop on the bike on the trainer like...... um...... N.O.W. That makes me smile. That's when you know you are feeling better. Plus..... you feel better! I know, I should be a darn scientist.

Curt's annual Ironman epic day was yesterday. On a vacation day he will do the following when prepping for an Ironman:

1 hour swim. Take a break. 5 hour bike. Take a break. 90 minute run. Ice bath and dinner.
I got to ride a bit with him..... I will admit it being strange that my ride was so short and easy and his..... L.O.N.G. He even did it Peter Reid Style. No music or TV. "There's no music or tv on the course, is there?" he pointed out. The man who hates the Ironman certainly has come a long way.

The weather has turned sour here in upstate NY. Rainy day after rainy day but you know me, I will always find the sunshine in it. While running on the trail the other day I noticed the absolute brilliant shade or orange and yellow the leaves were on the trees that made the canopy overhead. The smell of autumn was radiant. I love the fall.

As I am returning to normal and cycling through a recovery week I am gearing up for a giant week next week. Giant in so many ways. Running focus. 20 hours. Physiology exam. 2 papers due. Much of this week will be prepping for what I need for next week. Bags of ice, Nutrition. New running shoes. Ordering those last minute items that I need for Clearwater. Because if I thought October was going to be busy I haven't' even touched November. I might be the only girl in Clearwater poolside studying. I am actually staying an entire extra day so I can study. (Which will be at the beach by the way). But I will admit, it's a great problem to have.

But for now, time to get back to the books.......



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting your energy back!

Kim said...

Glad youre feeling better. Did you really post this at 5:30am.. Wow.. I am a slacker! Hope to see you/meet you in Clearwater!!!

Kim said...

welcome back! glad to hear you are feeling better. and why the heck are you wearing long sleeves on your trainer? sweaty beast.