Tuesday, October 13, 2009

horizon

I love 4am. I love the solitude and the serenity of this hour. I love that there is not much to do except get on my bike at 5am. It's dark, it's cold. Where I ride in my house I have to bundle the heck up. But today I have the opportunity to ride my bike, I have the opportunity to make the pedals turn and I have the opportunity to immerse myself in my biggest training weeks of the season.

Somehow The Wizard made it from Boston to Kona to Boston between last Thursday and Monday. Seeing as how he is the Wizard maybe he didn't have to take a plane. Just blink and you are there. Upon his return he's stated I am his number one priority. Yikes. We have a phone meeting this morning. We will assess how I am recovering from the flu. I feel good, I don't lie about that, I don't push harder through recovery because I know it will just end up digging me a hole. I have a residual mild cough that's bringing up less and less each time I cough.

I love the week ahead. It's so busy but busy is good. It's a good kind of busy. Things to accomplish. Exam, paper, Julia Butterfly Hill is coming to Breathe..... and we have our first Train-This Team meeting. We've got such an amazing group of athletes right now. I have always been able to work with really great people.

This season, the 2010 team seems closer than ever before. And we are in the fall OFF-SEASON. This is a group of people with big dreams and big goals. Already they watch out for one another. Many of them have not met..... they will on Sunday. It's a tight knit family like we've never had before. By winter we will be sporting our new logo and new colors and we'll show you just who we are!!!!

Such good things on the horizon. If the horizon didn't have to come after 7am I'd be even happier.

2 comments:

Trigirlpink said...

It's nice to know someone else is still out there training with me!
xx

Matt Curbeau said...

4 in the morning IS awesome! Last night was rough with the throat (up and down all night) but I think that was the worst of it..I'm feeling better today.

Lime green and royal blue is gonna rock!

See you tonight.