Sunday, October 25, 2009

fertlize this

Don't look in there. Don't open it. Don't take anything out.

Those were the instructions to my husband as I pointed to the washer.

There is one item in there and don't touch it.

He looked a little afraid and he should be afraid. The item was my QT2 shorts. My beloved race shorts. They were dirty. Not with dirt. White Hot might have been proud of me but you shouldn't shart yourself during training.

Unless you are finishing a 2 hour tempo run, everyone and their mother is out on the trail, mowing their lawns, you don't' want to break pace and well, it just happens.

Please no one stop me for anything. Directions, hello's, CPR.......

As I ran into the house I made a beeline for the bathroom realizing I should have made that beeline to the power hose. Let me just say it was the grossest thing I have ever done.

But I never broke pace. My legs ached and my head was against it. Apparently my GI system was as well.

This has never happened to me but I am not worried. I have had a giant 2 weeks of training. With school it's been incredibly stressful and I know all too well that stress will affect the GI system first. I also know that should this issue happen in Clearwater I can run through it, just don't come too close to me after the race.

Maybe it was karma. Yesterday I sent the wizard an email and told him that I hated him. Today I sent him an email that said as my run was complete I didn't hate him anymore. It's good to send hate mail to your coach when things get tough. Have a good scapegoat, the one whom you pay to write the workouts.

Makes perfect sense.

Big weeks done. Recovery week, race prep week and taper.

My friend K.O. sent me an email this morning reminding me that three weeks from today we will be on the beach nursing hangovers. From the 1/2 beer we will have had on Saturday night. That's right, we will be wild on the beach as we split an entire bottle of beer. We've decided it won't be ultra lite. It will be a beer's beer.

Why 1/2? Because every triathlete knows that we can't handle our liquor.

We'll be on the beach, with 2 weeks off (3 for her, lucky dawg) and nothing to do but lounge by the pool. I am staying till Monday to spend 2 days in the sun studying. After the weekend I had elbow deep in swine flu and panic stricken parents..... I need it.

I might need a depends too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I almost had to change my pants after reading this post because I laughed so hard. You may have redefined HTFU today.

wiley said...

Oh Poop!