Sunday, July 27, 2008

10 Weeks

There are ten weeks until Texas and I've got week one in hand. I feel excited again, like I have something brand new to chew on for a bit. This week's nothing too special, a lot of frequency and the return of my beloved sweet spot trainer rides, a long run and a long bike... but nothing lone like I have been doing forever.

It feels great to have a new focus. A shorter faster focus. It feels fresh.

I keep expecting the pain of the CNF to hit me. It still hasn't. Maybe it won't. Right now I really feel like I have been there and done that with Ironman. It's definitely time for a break.

Suddenly the season I thought would be over by now is in a way just beginning. The trip is coming together quicker and cooler than expected. Five of my awesome athletes will be traveling with me. And they are as excited as I am.

Don't tell my doctor but I rode outside last evening. On the mountain bike, on a flat trail. It's strange when you have an injury that prevents you from road riding not because you physically can't, but because of the possibility of something happening.

As careful as I can be I can't say that someone else will be just as careful. I have been promised road riding by Saturday on my Cervelo, that makes me really happy. Perhaps being grounded from the bike is then short lived. Hooray!

Until then I am dreaming about Austin and enjoying the new life that is being breathed into my season. On August 9th I get to race a sprint triathlon.... and I can't wait to test the snap that I hope to have!

So here we go, rather than the end..... we have a beginning. Now I just need to design the perfect suit!

Here is what I have so far, but remember I have a brain injury so my creativity is imparied.......


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary. Donna here.... your blog, like Marits, has become part of my 'sunday paper' routine. except every day! It's such a breath of fresh air. I'm excited for you to start week 1 tomorrow! Have a blast!

Meredith said...

Mary, I dig the shark! What about your migraines, dizzy spells, feelings in your head??? I hope they have subsided....I think given the situation of IMLP, I've only got three words "LET IT GO (girl!)"..70.3 is a fun distance.

Also, what's a CNF (or was that a mishap?)
(certainly NOT FINISH, coffee + NOT FINISH... central nervous fluke....hmmm. you have me wondering....)

Damie said...

concussion not finish? love that you have your next race lined up...now you will have super endurance and just get that pop back into your legs for some shorter stuff!

BreeWee said...

Mary!
I finally had some time to play blog-nerd and I had about 9 posts of your to catch up on... in Canada I checked your results and you had no finish time, I figured it was because of rain...
BUT now I see you had other issues! I am so sorry...oh Mary, I am so so sorry...
BUT movin' on, glad you are on the mend and Texas 70.3 here you come!

rr said...

Love the suit.

But I think you need a cowboy boot on there.. or a giant star for Texas?

Be careful as you come back, I got pukey when I ran for a solid two weeks after my last concussion, and I don't think I hit the curb as hard as you were punched.. OK, enough Mom-ing from me :)

PJ said...

I love the suit! The shark with the black contrast is perfect. I like the star idea too.

I'm excited for you. You sound so psyched for this race that it makes me all psyched. Enjoy week 1!

kerri said...

A silver lining came out of a terrible mishap...so glad to hear you are back on the tri-bandwagon with a fresh new plate ahead of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary,

You need to turn the horseshoes the other way for good luck.

Rich