Monday, July 14, 2008

Almost Here!

It dawned on me this morning..... I have been so focused on Ironman for the better part of 2 years..... that's I've somewhat lost my fighter racing instinct.

Hmmmm.

In the Ironman I don't race other people. I focus completely on myself. I stick to pacing goals, nutrition goals, because there are 2 types of people you will see pass you in the Ironman. Those who are faster than you and those you will see again.

The only thing you can control is the given moment.

But after yesterday's race I feel like I miss that fighter instinct. The one that wouldn't have let the race go. And I smiled. Because there will be life past Ironman. That instinct is going to come back. But that's a topic for next Monday.

Tomorrow at this time I will be in lake Placid. I love to leave so early because I like to retreat the week before the big day. There is something about the mountains, the atmosphere, having a house in the wilderness. The kids will play the guys will grill. I will smile at every nervous athlete I see. I will swim in Mirror Lake and dream about Sunday.

It's coming. And I just can't wait!

No comments: