Friday, July 4, 2008

Putting the F Back in FUN

Happy fourth of July!!!!

Final long run.... check. In fact Thursday was a jam packed yet relaxing sort of a day. Sarah and I completed our final hot chicks in Victor Long run. I wring 2 pounds of sweat from my top when we were done and I saw a thousand stars it was so damn humid. But I ran in the "doctored shorts" of which I promise to post a picture as soon as I remember.

Afterwards Luc and I shuffled off to Buffalo and to Rich Clark's House. I have been friends with Rich for over 10 years. I've been friends with his wife for over 10 years. When I met them they didn't know one another.... and now they are married with 2 adorable children. We moved to Rochester 8 years ago and we've stayed close.... but I haven't' made the time for a family day like yesterday.

Peele.... as you may remember he came on the Eggers Family vacation on the way to Placid last year, and also accompanied me to my sister's wedding. (You are so welcome Curt). When we arrived at the wedding / reception (long story on why it was that way...) everyone was pretty hammered. My sister lives in France and the French people like to drink. Pelee walked up to my father and introduced himself as "Mary's secret lover." Which my mother.... she is a little posh posh..... still is angry about. And of course that makes me laugh.

Anyways Pelee is a billion time Ironman finisher, shat himself in camp in 2007 and he's also an incredible performer as in singing and dancing. He just completed his Masters of Education and he will be .... sniff.... moving to the DC area to begin his career.

Words will never express how much I will miss him.

So we packed up the kids and spent the day at a local amusement park... Fantasy Island. We pet turkeys and the biggest rabbit I have ever seen. The kids rode the rides and Luc had a ball. There was allot of laughing all around. Rich's nieces joined us... they are my amusement park partners. Last year we took them to Darien Lake and they rode the sky coaster. The sky coaster is a hammock you hang in, and it pulls you up 8,000,000,000 feet and then drops you. You swing and swing and swing. As they were being hoisted into the air Pelee was on the phone with his sister.... their mom.... and I was screaming in the background.... "They're gonna die! They're gonna die!". That's the kind of sick fun we have together.

I was impressed that Teena rode every single ride and the Comet twice.

It was one of those days you treasure. Where you don't worry about what comes next, you just stay in the moment. You laugh and eat hot dogs and you ride water slides and you laugh some more.

The whole ride home I was immersed in memories. The time Rich and John took me out and I was so overtrained I fell asleep in the bar. Rich and Teena's wedding and Curt with his Afro wig. And Pelee.... that's a whole separate post.

After arriving home I headed out for a 90 minute bike and 20 minute run expecting to be tired. But I wasn't. I was rejuvenated, excited. And I was sure it was the day of fun that did it.

No comments: