Saturday, July 19, 2008

Super Duper Saturday

Family signs on the run out and back!
Transition

Saturday in Placid means bike check in. I did something I swore I'd never do. I duct taped garbage bags all over my wheels and I dreamt of having the bike tarp. I always mock those out who cover their seats, but suddenly I was in need.

You see I am riding the Bontragers and remember that time the back wheel filled with water? It's supposed to rain tonight. So I duct taped garbage bags to prevent the rain from filling them. I don't know if they would but I am taking no chances.

Race day is looking perfect. 73 degrees, 5-8 mile winds and rain about 2pm. I wish it'd rain the whole day but I can't be picky.

It's funny because in a way I dread this swim. It's such a damn dogfight and I will start wide tomorrow yet inevitably get sucked right into it. We shall see.

You just never know in Placid.

Bikes are racked, bellies are full, and my kidneys are happy. I am so looking forward to race day and I shall report back after midnight on Sunday!

THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING ALONG AND FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Mary, you are gonna PR, i can feel it!!!! Have a good race...no, have a F$%^n great race!!!!!!!!! Best of luck!! I'll be plugged in post workout to see results and play by play........Cheers from AZ!!!!! :) :) :)

Danni said...

Mary,
I am so excited for you! go get 'em girl! I'll be following you online.

Jen said...

We will be following online...Go Get 'EM!

wiley said...

Kick butt Warrior Woman! You inspire all of us so much. Just breathe!!!!Sending you all the good karma I have. Rock it!!!

Ryan said...

Great Swim Mary!


Kickin' Ass!

Karen said...

Hi Mary,
I'm hoping and praying that you are all right. I can't find anything on ironman live about you. It's now 10pm your time and the IM athlete tracker shows a very good swim for you, then it shows your time for the first half of the bike and then nothing. I guess you had very hard rain there today. Can't wait to see your newest post to see if you're ok. I had a small race today and thought of you often while I was riding.
Hope all is well with you,
Karen